My Badminton and Life Blog

My Badminton and Life Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One door closes and another opens

Things have been interesting, I know this is predominantly a badminton blog but my personal life does affect my badminton for sure. A relationship that I started in last year has come to an end and that is all simply part of life, I have come to terms with it and am not here to rant about it. There are good times and bad ones, memories will always live on but the heart will move forward. I did not let this down time affect my training and preparations for Asia though; I have been pushing forward for my upcoming tour.

My trip to Asia (Vietnam, Korea, and Japan) is quickly approaching. The draws for the Vietnam International Challenge have come out today (March 20, 2012) and I have made it to main draw. I will play 14th seed from the Republic of South Africa first round. I am looking forward to the match and feel like it will be a great test of my skills and see how all this training has helped my game.

For Osaka International the main and qualifying report came out and as of now I am 8th out of 16 qualifiers competing for the 4 remaining main draw spots. So that will be tough for sure, I am the only Pan American player entered in that tournament. We will see what the final draw holds in store for me.

I have a decent amount of stuff to finish off before catching my flight out to Hanoi Friday morning, catching up with a few people quickly that I have not seen since summer last year, also picking up last minute items that I need for the trip and exchange money. I am excited but a little nervous at the same time for this tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment