My Badminton and Life Blog

My Badminton and Life Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

1st Quarter of 2012



It has been a long time since I wrote a blog; this is the 1st one for 2012. I have been incredibly busy for the first 2 and a half months of the year so far.

My hand tendon injury from back in November has healed and I can now play how I use to. As well the last tournament that I played was the 2011 Canadian International Challenge just because of my hand and as well due to time. I have been kept busy with school, training and work that I don’t have time to play any of the local provincial tournaments. I cannot take the time off work since I will need the money to travel to tournaments.

Training has been going good, noticing slight improvements which are always a good thing and I am not getting turned off by that but am keeping myself motivated and pushing forward. Injuries for me and few and far in-between I have recently pulled my right external oblique as well as my right transverse abdominal muscle. That happened on Thursday March 8 and it is now Monday March 12. The pain has gone but it is still “tender” so to speak and I can feel some pull and strain when stretching to the side. I have been able to work out which is good but as for actually training full out we will see tomorrow.

I leave Calgary March 23, 2012 for Asia to play in 2 international challenges. The first stop will be from Calgary to Hanoi, Vietnam for the Vietnam International Challenge. I will spend almost a week there before going to Korea for a few days and then off to Osaka, Japan for the Osaka International Challenge for 4 days. In total I will be gone for 17 days. I will be passing through the Incheon International Airport in South Korea 6 times this trip.

As of right now I’m seeded 5th in Qualifications for the Vietnam International Challenge. If 5 people above me withdraw I will make it into main draw simply based on that. Else will have to fight through the other 63 qualifiers for one of 8 remaining spots in the main draw.

That is all the updates for now more will follow from Asia or before leaving as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment