My Badminton and Life Blog

My Badminton and Life Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Off to south America




So I won't be attending the 2011 Osaka International due to what happened over in Japan earlier this month. I will now be attending the 2011 Peru international challenge which is taking place April 14-17.

There are 75 guys signed up for men's singles with only 32 spots in main draw. This means that there will be either 4 or 8 qualifier spots made available so either 24 or 28 of the guys will get into main draw based on the current world ranking. The rest of the players (including me) will have to play 3-4 matches in qualifiers to obtain a spot in main draw.

This will be another great experience for sure. The only downside is i will only be in Lima,Peru for 2 days which will be taken up by the tournament. As well it will take a full day of travel to get there and a full night of travel to get back. Not to long after this tournament at the end of May I will be flying off to Asia to train in Indonesia for a month. The draws will come out soon for the tournament so I will most likely post them up here when they do.

So right now my schedule is just trying to prepare for this tournament. Its a big one but there will be many more like this in the future for me, I can only hope anyways. The biggest thing that is going to hamper my play will be unforced errors, and consistency under pressure so I have been training those for the past while and we will see how it goes in the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment